Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chicken Gnocchi Soup


Since the snow keeps falling...and falling...and falling, I think sharing my new favorite soup recipe (from "Soup's On!") is in order. I love that it's SO easy and reminds me of Olive Garden's version. Add crusty bread and you're set.

2 packages Alfredo sauce mix
3 c. milk
14 oz. chicken broth
1/4 c. butter
1-2 t. parsley flakes
2 t. garlic powder
2-3 c. cooked chicken (or shred rotisserie chicken)
16 oz. package gnocchi (in pasta aisle)
1 c. chopped spinach (I add more)
salt, pepper to taste

Stir together sauce mix, milk, broth, butter, parsley, and garlic powder in pot over medium-high heat.
When it gently boils, add chicken and gnocchi and cook 4 minutes or till gnocchi is tender. Simmer and add spinach and seasoning. Can thin with milk or broth if too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment