Coconut Cupcakes and Frosting: (from Jessica Moffat/Brooke Willits)
And in case you loved the breaded chicken....
Chicken recipe: Costco, Panko crusted (I know!)
Friday, April 12, 2013
So, I finally decided this recipe is blogworthy. At first, I was hesitant because I've had some sketchy experiences with vegan cooking, but not only did it pass the husband/kid test, but it has no added flour, fat, or sugar! Let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- pinch sea salt
- 13-14 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (you could also use mint extract or cherry extract, or orange...)
- Place walnuts and salt in a food processor.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until all mixed and uniformly crumbly.
- With the machine running, add a few drops of water at a time, just until the mass starts to stick together in a big ball. (Better to add too little that too much!)
- Roll mixture into balls or press into a square pan and cut into squares.
- Balls can then be rolled in dried coconut, chopped nuts, or cocoa powder if you wish.
I LOVE having my recipe organizer (Cook'n) on the computer. I bought mine retail a few years ago but I saw it for on Groupon yesterday for only $20! (sigh) It makes it easy to find recipes, calculate nutrition, create menu plans and shopping lists, email recipes and more. It's actually created by someone who lives in Alpine, too, so I should probably look into getting a kickback for advertising his great product. Just thought you should know...